Exam registration in ZEuS using a TAN
With the integration of exam management for all students of the University of Konstanz, a TAN wir be required for any exam registration in ZEuS.
- This is also new for students of the study programme 1.State Exam Law (1. jur. Statsprüfung Rechtswissenschaft), which are using ZEuS already for their exams.
- Please do not throw away your TAN list containing unused numbers at the end of a semester. The lists will remain valid for semesters to come. You will not be directed to generate a new list by the way described below as long as all numbers are not used up!
Your options for TAN generation
Starting with exam registration in ZEuS using a TAN in December 2019, there are two possibilities to get a list with valid TANs. They both allow to generate an initial TAN list as well as every following list.
- Choose ZEuS where you find an authorization document to generate a TAN list is available in your personal menu (with login): My studies → Student Service → Reports
- If no PC with a printer is available to you, the self-service terminal (SB terminal) in the Student Service Center (SSZ) offers you an alternative way to print a TAN list.
Both ways are described below.
Possibility 1: Generating your TAN list in ZEuS
Key steps at a glance
- Open the PDF document Authorization for the initial TAN list generation in the Reports section. It contains the generation numbers. Note the numbers - including the sequence (=number in column 1).
If you have already used up a TAN list and want do print a successor list, this step is not necessary - the PDF document then doesn't contain any numbers.
- Open the activate a new TAN list link in the Actions sections on the right.
- You will be requested thereupon to enter one of your generation numbers noted before (initial list) resp. a TAN number (successor list). Enter the corresponding number and conform your entry with OK.
- In the Actions section now you can find a link which provides you a PDF document with a TAN list to print out instead of the link mentioned above.
In case of generation of your initial TAN list: You must immediately use this link for printout!
This link for TAN list printout as well as the generation numbers are both available only for 20 minutes for security reasons!
Processing in detail
Generating a TAN list under menu item My studies - Students Service - "Certificates" tab - steps 1 and 2
Generating a TAN list under menu item My studies - Students Service - "Certificates" tab - step 3
||You will be requested thereupon to enter a number:
- In case of an initial TAN list the corresponding generation number you noted before is meant.
- In case of every subsequent TAN list use the requested TAN number of your present list. If you have lost it, please contact the Student Service Centre (SSZ).
Enter the corresponding number and conform your entry with OK.
Generating a TAN list under menu item My studies - Students Service - "Certificates" tab - steps 4 and 5
||In the Actions section now you can find a link which provides you a PDF document with a TAN list to print out instead of the link mentioned above.
||Please mind the overlay notice:|
||You must use this link immediately for printout of your TAN list because this link, as well as the generation numbers itselves are only valid for 20 minutes for security reasons.
Possibility 2: SB terminal in SSZ
As it has been possible for examination registration in StudIS/examinations, now you can print a valid TAN list at the SB terminal in the SSZ. For this you only need your Uni Card with barcode, as well as your Email password. Further instructions are available on-site.